Oct 8, 2016

Donald Trump issues an apology in the wake of the sex audio leaked

A 2005 audio which captured US Presidential candidate, Donald Trump talking with Billy Bush, then of “Access Hollywood,” on a bus as they arrived on the set of “Days of Our Lives” to tape a segment about Trump’s cameo on the soap opera, made the rounds online on Friday.

In the audio Donald Trump and Billy Bush were heard making vulgar statements about women and how Donald tried to have sex with a married woman.

After the video was released online, both Donald Trump and Billy Bush made statements to apologize for their vulgar language.

Speaker of the House, Republican, Paul Ryan who was supposed to be on a Presidential campaign with Trump and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, in Wisconsin, condemned Trump's statements on the tape and disinvited him to the presidential campaign.

Following sharp criticism by Republican leaders, Trump issued another short video statement saying, “I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize.”

But he also called the revelation “a distraction from the issues we are facing today.
He said that his “foolish” words are much different than the words and actions of Bill Clinton, whom he accused of abusing women, and Hillary Clinton, whom he accused of having “bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims.”

“I’ve never said I’m a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not. I’ve said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more than a decade-old video are one of them. Anyone who knows me knows these words don’t reflect who I am,”

No comments:

Post a Comment