Sep 18, 2015

Nigeria’s Most Talented Comic Characters Mr. Ibu Reveals

Nigerian comic star, John Okafor popularly known as Mr. Ibu has revealed for the first time how he once escaped an attempt by his friend to have him killed for sacrifice.

Mr. Ibu who was a special guest on Starr 103.5FM on Wednesday, Chat with Bola Ray said although he was already sold out by this friend, he managed to escape through the Help of God.

“This are a few things I haven’t spoken regarding anyplace,” he told Bola Ray.

“A friend of mine sold me out for sacrifice once. I was just there and they were calling price on my head like that. Speaking in their native language thinking I wouldn’t perceive however I understood everything.”



Ibu said the incident happened somewhere in 1979, before he started acting.

I wanted to sell my kidney to rescue my family when  my wife was kidnapped

He also revealed he was willing to sell his kidneys to rescue his family after they were kidnapped in Enugu in 2011.
The kidnappers demanded 50 million naira before the release of Mr. Ibu’s wife and children.
But speaking on Starr Chat with host Bola Ray on Starr 103.5FM Wednesday, Mr. Ibu said due to his inability to raise the said amount he decided to sell one of his kidneys to settle the abductors.

“At a time I even asked them to come take my kidney instead and just find buyer come take am,” Mr. Ibu said.
The father of seven added that frustrating moment forced him to even ask the kidnappers to sell his entire family.
“Go ahead and kill them because I don’t have that kind of money or pick me and leave these innocent people,” Mr. Ibu told Bola Ray.

Also, Speaking on Politics he said; President Buhari is distracted

The Nigerian actor added that though the country’s new President Muhammadu Buhari appears to have good plans, he is being distracted.

According to him, President Buhari is being stampeded into sharing positions instead of concentrating on establishing the foundation of his government.

The comic character said even though he did not vote for Mr. Buhari, he supports him as his President.
“I think he is facing distractions. People are forcing him to give them post but I think he should be allowed to form the foundation of his government.
“Let’s give him a year then we can see what exactly he is doing. Let’s give him one year then we will all know.

“I did not vote for Buhari. I voted for Jonathan because Jonathan is humane, not only is he from my place, he has the heart of a man and also values people around him but I support Buhari as my President,” Ibu stated.
Buhari, a former Nigerian army general who first won power three decades ago in a military coup, snatched a historic presidential election victory over rival Goodluck Jonathan in March.
He became the first opposition leader to beat an incumbent president.


You may also like
Three ways That can make you irresistible to woman
2Face At 40 - STAR To Celebrate With All-Star Tribute Concer

No comments:

Post a Comment