May 29, 2015

Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election after Prince Ali withdraws




Sepp Blatter wins Fifa election after Prince Ali withdraws - live reaction
Fifa crisis latest: Sepp Blatter stays president after beating Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein of Jordan - despite corruption scandal

Blatter marked his victory with a bizarre acceptance speech in which he referenced God, Allah, the need for more "ladies" in Fifa and compared Fifa to a boat.
In his victory speech, he said: I thank you, you have accepted me for the next four years. I will be in command of this boat of Fifa. We will bring it back off shore.

"We need in this committee women. We need ladies. We won’t touch the World Cup. I am a faithful man, God, Allah, whoever, they will help us to bring back this Fifa. At the end of my (four year) term, I will give Fifa to my successor. It will be robust."
He then finished the speech by chanting "Let's go, Fifa!"

 Luis Figo, who withdrew from the election eight days ago stated;
QuoteThis vote has only served to endorse the election of a man who can’t remain in charge of world football. Instead of what Mr. Blatter said, the happenings of last Wednesday were not bad for football: they were bad for FIFA and for all the responsible that lead the organization until now. Football is not guilty but is the governing body’s leaders, who should regulate it, that have no integrity or honesty.



There’s no way someone can lead FIFA ignoring the most elementary rules of transparency, legality and democracy. These rules were not reunited as I denounced and, later, as I found out. Mr. Blatter knew and was aware of the acts of corruption, influence and racketeering or, if he did not know – as he says – it’s because he has no skills to lead FIFA.
If Mr. Blatter were minimally concerned about football, he would have given up of the reelection. If he has a minimal of decency, he will resign in the next few days. I regret nothing. I fought, I persisted, I made an effort for the regeneration of this organization that has to change course. We live in an emergency situation and football is the damaged party on this. I’ve denounced what I directly lived. I would do it again. And I remain available to help FIFA rebuild after this.

Ref: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment