Feb 2, 2018

20-Year-Old Talented Nigerian Player Signs For New Premier League Club. Photo

West Ham have landed 20-year-old Nigerian forward Oladapo Afolayan from Solihull Moors. The player agreed a three-and-a-half-year contract.

“It’s a dream come true,” Afolayan told West Ham’s website. “I’ve worked hard to get here and I’m grateful for the opportunity. “I started out with Chelsea and was there until I was 15, then my family moved to Canada and I was part of the academy at Toronto FC.
“Then, when we moved back, I studied civil engineering at Loughborough University before the opportunity arose to join Solihull and play in the National League and it was something I couldn’t turn down.

“Now, the opportunity has come to join a Premier League club and West Ham is one which has always given youngsters opportunities to come through, as we have seen this season, so I’ve come here to get into the first team and make a name for myself.”

Afolayan will initially join West Ham’s U23 squad and could make his debut in Monday’s Premier League 2 Division 1 fixture with Sunderland .

No comments:

Post a Comment