Oct 12, 2016

Throw Back Of Timeline of Rihanna and Drake Complicated Relationship

2005: Drake meets Rihanna
Love at first sight … well, for Drake at least. It all began back in 2005, when the Toronto rapper encountered Rihanna. “The first time I met Robyn Fenty was 2005,” Drake revealed at the 2016 MTV VMAs. “She was shooting a music video at a restaurant called Avocado in Toronto. The song was ‘Pon de Replay.’ ? I was introduced to her as a kid who played background music at the restaurant as people ate their dinner. It’s hard to believe that was 11 years ? they know me as Drake and not the kid singing while you order pasta. But 11 years later, we still all know Rihanna as the one and only Rihanna.” Luckily for Drake, he got to know his crush a little better. (Photos: Vevo/WireImage)


May 2009: Their first (reported) makeout sesh
Flash forward four years, when Drake finally landed his first kiss. At least, the first kiss we all knew about. Page Six ran an item about the Canadian crooner and Barbadian beauty locking lips at Lucky Strike in NYC. “She was drinking whiskey and apple juice and making out with him all night,” said a spy. “They were really cute together.” (Photos: Getty Images/FilmMagic)
November 2009: Drake’s just a friend
A few months later, Rihanna firmly put Drake in the friend zone. During an interview with radio station Hot 97, the singer said she and Drake were just friends. “We weren’t really sure what it was,” she said. “We just went out ? my friends, his friends.” She (brutally) added, “I don’t even have his number ? I need somebody that’s hot … and older.” Ouch. (Photos: WireImage/FilmMagic)
May 2010: Drake’s just a bitter friend
After Rihanna brushed off their make out session, the rapper was more eager than ever to talk about their relationship in his song “Fireworks.” Some choice lyrics include: “I could tell it wasn’t love, I just thought you’d f*** with me/Who could’ve predicted Lucky Strikes would have you stuck with me?/What happened between us that night it always seems to trouble me/Now all of a sudden these gossip sites wanna cover me/And you making it seem like it happened that way because of me/But I was curious and I never forget it, baby, what an experience/You could’ve been the one, but it wasn’t that serious.” (Photo: Corbis via Getty Images)
June 2010: Drake feels used
Drake talked to the New York Times and clarified his feelings about his one-night whatever with Rihanna. "I was a pawn,” he said. "You know what she was doing to me? She was doing exactly what I’ve done to so many women throughout my life, which is show them quality time, then disappear. I was like, wow, this feels terrible.” He later told MTV that he didn’t mean that comment to be negative. “I’m extremely confident, so it’s very rare that anybody, let alone a woman that I like, makes me feel nervous or makes me feel small,” he confessed. “She’s just such an overwhelming and incredible person ? she made me feel nervous. It just put me back to the Acura in Toronto, feeling like Aubrey Graham, not Drake.” (Photos: FilmMagic/Getty Images)
September 2010: Together again?
Rihanna was spotted at Drake’s post-concert party at Greenhouse in New York City. But what did it mean?! (Photo: WireImage)
October 2010: Drake and Rihanna collaborate on first duet
Rihanna and Drake teamed up for their first of many collaborations and megahits. They released “What’s My Name?” and went on to deliver some steamy performances, including one at the 2011 Grammy Awards. (Photo: Vevo)
October 2011: Drake and Rihanna keep it professional
One year later, the two friends appeared to be keeping things strictly professional. Drake opened up about some of the prior comments he made about Ri: “At the time it hurt, but she didn’t mean to. I’ll never put that on her,” he told Elle. “I was hurt because I started to slowly realize what it was. I guess I thought it was more. ?. That was the first girl with any fame that paid me any mind.” Several months later, the duo joined forces again for Drake’s song “Take Care.”(Photo: Vevo)
June 2012: The love triangle
Rihanna’s ex-boyfriend Chris Brown and Drake got into physical altercation at a club in NYC, reportedly over the singer, who wanted no part of that quarrel. “There’s no proof of that being for my love,” she told GQ. “That’s my answer to that question.” Fortunately, Drake loves to talk about his feelings, and confirmed the brawl was over Rihanna. “It’s embarrassing, the amount of media coverage,” he later told GQ. “Two rappers fighting over the woman.” (Photos: Getty Images/WireImage/FilmMagic)
September 2012: Rihanna gets back together with Breezy
Poor Drake. Nearly three years after Brown assaulted Rihanna, the exes got back together. But it didn’t last long. They split nine months later. (Photo: Getty Images)
November 2013: Rihanna and Drake – Part Two
Would the second time be the charm? Rihanna was spotted partying with Drake after one of her concerts in Los Angeles. Of course, rumors began to fly that the duo was on again. (Photos: FilmMagic)
February 2014: Valentine’s Day rendezvous
A few months later, Drake and Rihanna spent the most romantic day of the year partying together at Hooray Henry’s in West Hollywood. Around the same time, Drake told Rolling Stone that Rihanna was his “ultimate fantasy.” He added, "I mean, I think about it. Like, ‘Man, that would be good.’” Shortly after, it looked as if his fantasy was about to become a reality when Rihanna popped up at his concert in Paris. (Photo: Splash News)
March 2016: Here we go again
Drake popped up in Miami for Rihanna’s 2016 “Anti World Tour,” where they demonstrated that they clearly had chemistry during a performance of “Work.” This marked the first of many surprise appearances he would make for his main squeeze along the way. (Photo: Youtube)
June 2016: It’s on
Drake followed Rihanna across the pond to London, but they weren’t only hanging out on the stage. The duo hit the town together and reports surfaced they were definitely dating again. “He still loves her and never stopped. Rihanna is the one that’s been not wanting to settle down in the past,” a source told E! News. “They are having fun spending time with each other. Their music together got them close again.” (Photo: Splash News)
August 2016: Drake publicly declares his love for Rih
The rapper introduced his lady love on stage at the 2016 VMAs and didn’t hold back his feelings. “She’s someone I’ve been in love with since I was 22 years old,” he gushed. “She’s one of my best friends in the world. All my adult life, I’ve looked up to her even though she’s younger than me. She’s a living breathing legend in our industry.” Rihanna sneakily let him give her a kiss before she accepted the award (even though we all thought he got burned at first). (Photo: FilmMagic)
October 2016: Keeping things open
While rumors swirled this week that Drake was hooking up with model India Love, and that he and Rihanna had parted ways, a source told People that Drake and Rihanna aren’t exclusive: “It’s an open thing.“ Stay tuned… (Photos: Splash News)

Source: yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment