Oct 14, 2016

See how woman who lost baby after son was stillborn donates 2,038 ounces of breast milk to different babies (Photo)

 
A mum who tragically gave birth to a stillborn baby has donated more than 2000 oz of breast milk to help other mums.

Three days after she lost her baby, her lactation journey began and has now being helping different mum to provide breast milk for their babies about six mums and their babies, she has donate 2,038 ounces of her breast milk. She posted a photo of herself on social media how she pump her breasts with pictures of the babies she has supplied surrounding her.
According to her write up on her instagram page she explained her reasons behind lactating for other mums.


  3 months ago today, I embarked on a lactation journey 3 days after my stillbirth of my son Killian.
    I had pumped and donated 2,038 ounces of my breastmilk to 6 babies.
    I had finally reached my personal goal at over 2,000 oz in 3 months. Now it's time to end my lactation journey and concentrate on myself as I get my body ready for the next pregnancy. I have to be on a month long of penicillin therapy.
    I am so grateful for helping out all those babies with my milk and meeting their families. Pumping every 3-4 hours a day including nights was very tiring. But it was so worth it. Seeing those babies thriving from my milk, really helped me through my healing process. I know I'm going to miss lactating. I wanted to show that even after a tragic stillbirth, you can turn that into something positive and inspire those around you. Through my grief I evolved and learned to pull myself out of the darkness.
 I'm so blessed to have so many people, friends, family and most importantly my wonderful husband John and my daughter Ariya supporting me and able to share my journey.
 Now my next journey is to get a CuddleCot in NY Methodist Hospital and hopefully other hospitals in NYC in Killian's memory.
    All this for the unconditional love for my Killian in heaven. All this to break the silence of stillbirths.
    #RIPKillianChan #stillbirth #stillborn #bereavement #infantlost #grievingmother #donatedbreastmilk #sharingiscaring #pumping #liquidgold #breastpump #breastmilk #breastfeeding #pregnancyloss #pregnancylossawareness #pail #CuddleCot #giftoftime #mothersofstillbirths #medela #electricbreastpump #humanmilk #lactation #makingadifference #angelbaby #19weeksgestation #bornsleeping #amotherslove #humanbreastmilk"

No comments:

Post a Comment