Oct 21, 2016

Europa Golden Shoe Winner, Lus Suarez Plans To Retire At Barcelona

The striker has revealed that he may retire at the club.

Suarez won the European Golden Shoe for scoring 40 league goals in the league last season. He has expressed his desire to retire from club football at Camp Nou. 
Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez 29-year-old who was a key player in Liverpool’s 2013-14 Premier League campaign, where they came close to winning the title. That season, they fell short in the end, losing out to Manchester City. Later that summer, Suarez left Anfield and made a switch to the Catalan club. 
 In his debut season at Barcelona, the Uruguayan international went on to win the treble with Luis Enrique’s side.

Suarez then got to share his Golden Shoe with Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo.

This time around, the former Ajax man did not share the individual award with Ronaldo as his goalscoring stats were far better than Ronaldo’s.


Suarez Plans To Retire At Barcelona

The Barcelona pointsman is now keen to continue with his current employers and wants to retire at Barcelona.

This decision rules out any possibilities of his return to Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United.

The ex-Liverpool star is aware that he has to stay on top of his game if he has to retain his place in the starting lineup.

According to FourFourTwo, Suarez said:

    “I want to thank Barca for bringing me here and allowing me to fulfill my goals.

    “My team-mates play a part in all my goals.

    “I have magnificent team-mates who make it easy for me.

    “But I don’t want to take anything away from myself – you still have to score.

    “I hope I can finish my career at Barca, but I need to be at the highest level to compete.”

No comments:

Post a Comment