Oct 23, 2016

Ambassadorial nominee, Pauline Tallen, turn down her nomination

 
Former Deputy Governor of Plateau State, Mrs. Pauline Tallen, has rejected her ambassadorial nomination by President Buhari due to the health of her husband. Mrs. Tallen's name was among the 46 non-career ambassadorial nominees President Buhari sent to the Senate for confirmation last week. According to the statement released, Tallen says she is turning down her nomination because she needs time to take care of her ailing husband. She is quoted as saying;

"I appreciated President Muhammadu Buhari for counting me worthy to serve Nigeria in the capacity of an ambassador. However, I have to let it go to attend to my ailing husband. It is a hard decision to take, but I have to, because my husband is my primary responsibility as a woman."

No comments:

Post a Comment