Sep 5, 2016

O2 Arena Is Too Small For Me – Sonnie Badu

After Shatta Wale’s recent concert at Indigo O2 in London, critics questioned why no Ghanaian gospel artiste has ever performed at the venue and it looks like Sonnie Badu has an answer to all those asking that particular question.


Sonnie Nana Kwadwo Agyemang Badu says the O2 Arena is too small for him to organise a concert there looking at his large following. The gospel singer who recently released “Still You Reign” off his yet-to-be released album, “Colours Of Africa” speaking on Accra FM’s Gospel 360 entertainment show told Andy Favoured, host of the show that he has been at the O2.

He said, “I’ve been at the O2 arena before. O2 Arena is too small for me. London is my home. O2 Arena is small because it takes about 2,500. If I’m doing a concert, I need 5000 seated in London. I’ve done O2 Arena before and that place is a very small arena for Sonnie Badu.

I’ve almost all Africa with me as fans in London, Europe and all over the world. As a matter of fact if I say I’m doing a concert now it will be packed by Africans and Caribbeans.

We don’t appeal to one market, we appeal to literally the whole world.” Sonnie Badu told Andy Favoured on Accra FM’s gospel entertainment show, Gospel 360.


No comments:

Post a Comment