Sep 14, 2016

Amazing!!! Woman turns down marriage proposal because her suitor disliked her dog!

Karishma Walia, from New Delhi, was forced to  turn down an arranged marriage proposal because her suitor wasn't a fan of her dog.

In a Whatsapp conversation posted on Twitter, the man asked her if she has reached a decision on his proposal, to which she replies: 'Hey, I thought we spoke about this. Dog is going to be an issue... So!'

Karishma, who posts plenty of snaps with her pet pooch, Lucy, on her social media accounts, spoke about the incident.

She said: 'My mom thought he’s an excellent match because he’s good-looking and well-off. There was a lot of family pressure, and they still think I did the wrong thing by raising the concern about my dog.'

However, she said the man is still attempting to tempt her to reconsider her decision, adding: 'He would say things like "family should be a priority and not career". I gave up when he commented about my dog. I don’t know why my family still thinks he’s an eligible bachelor.'

Karishma has been praised by animal lovers on Twitter. One user posted her story with the caption: 'This B'lore girl rejected a guy cuz he doesn't like dogs & wouldn't want one after marriage. U go girl!', and another added: 'This is the kind of stuff I want to read. Good on you, Karishma Walia, wherever you are in Twitter verse.'




No comments:

Post a Comment