May 11, 2016

Video: Kendrick Lamar Recite A Poem In This New Reebok Ad

         
Kendrick Lamar gets poetic once again. For his latest Reebok commercial, entitled “The Classic,” the Compton spitter delivers a poem about his goals and authenticity.

In the 30-second spot, which was shot in a California mansion, K-Dot walks in his Reebok Classics, while passionately speaking about his beliefs and goals.



“From the very heart of me, belief becomes action,” the Top Dawg rhymer says. 
“And no distractions will take my eyes off the prize 
 Greatness is my goal but there’s failure on the way /
 Full of insecurity, self-hate, and doubt /
 But what I can’t control can’t confine me /
 And what I can’t do can’t stop me / 
This is how I express myself / 
Not how I follow others’ expectations / 
But how I stay true.”
In a press release, the MC explained his poetic piece.
 “There’s a lot of people out there chasing trends and showboating–trying to keep up and stay in front of the cameras,” he said.
 “My style has always just been me, and I respect a shoe, a company or a fan that is true to its roots and where it came from. 
That’s me. That’s also Classic Leather.”
Last year, he released the Ventilator sneaker with Reebok. 
Featuring the words “red” and “blue” on each pair, the kicks were made to promote peace and unity amongst gangs.
Watch Kendrick’s latest Reebok above.

No comments:

Post a Comment