May 11, 2016

Seasoned Actress Nandi Nyembe Explain about her being a sangoma in real life


Speaking to DRUM, the seasoned actress explained that although she no longer practices as a sangoma, she regularly assists her daughter - who is also a sangoma - with healing duties.


During the interview, Nandi opened up about how her daughter underwent a similar ritual that she did when she was only 17. She explained that she suffered a serious illness, as a result of being able to connect with the spirits of people who died on the road.

"I was sick and my mother had to take me to Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital. At some point, doctors had to test my urine and surprisingly it came out with soil but there was nothing wrong with me," she told the local publication.

In addition, Nandi spoke out about the death of her son, who was born out of rape.

"He became a different person from the day I told him about how I became pregnant. He became an alcohol addict and eventually died in 2011."


Source: timeslive

No comments:

Post a Comment