May 26, 2016

Connor Randall Looking Foward To Barcelona Clash

Connor Randall admits Liverpool’s Wembley friendly against Barcelona in August is a huge incentive for Reds youngsters to impress boss Jurgen Klopp when they report back for pre-season training.


Liverpool play the Spanish giants in the International Champions Cup at Wembley on August 6, after tackling Chelsea and AC Milan in the same competition in America.

And Randall, who made his first-team debut in the Capital One Cup win over Bournemouth last October, is understandably excited by the prospect of playing for the Reds in front of a sell-out crowd at the home of English football.

“A few of my mates texted me when it was announced and it’s a big motivation for everyone because it’s two massive clubs playing at Wembley Stadium,” he said.

“Everyone will be coming back trying to impress the manager but to be involved would be unbelievable. It’s going to be a great match and games like that are what you play the game for.”
Randall ended his breakthrough season on a positive note after helping the club’s U21 side to a 2-2 against Sacramento Republic in Reno on Wednesday night.
CONOR1
Ryan Kent and Cameron Brannagan – who also made their first-team debuts last season – were on target for the young Reds in the draw, which saw Liverpool become the first Premier League club ever to visit the US state of Nevada.
“We weren’t aware of it before we came out but it was a big moment and it’s always good to make a bit of history,” said Randall, who has been at Liverpool since he was six.
“We’re on the other side of the world but loads of people have come to watch us train, showing all the lads how big this club is and what it means to play for Liverpool.
“The support is massive everywhere and it reminds us how lucky we are to be a part of it. It spurs me on and hopefully I can be involved when the first-team return to America at the end of July.”

Versatile youngster Randall was deployed at right-back by Klopp in a season where Liverpool played 63 matches, finishing runners-up in the Capital One Cup and Europa League finals.
The 20-year old was handed a new deal last December and ended the 2015/16 season with seven first-team appearances in all competitions under his belt.

“It’s been a fantastic season for me and if someone had told me it would pan out like this, I probably wouldn’t have believed them,” he added.
“It’s a bit of a blur looking back on my debut now because it was all I ever wanted and it was a pretty surreal moment. I was also in the last year of my deal and getting a new contract was definitely my goal, so I was very pleased with that.

“Now it’s about getting my head down and working hard to continue to push on and improve as a player. That’s my goal ahead of the new season.”

Source: skysports

No comments:

Post a Comment