Oct 22, 2015

Husband Accuses Wife For Using 'JUJU' To Control Him


Marriage hardly survives in the absence of trust. An Igando Customary Court in Lagos has dissolved a five-year-old marriage between one Ololade Adeolu and his estranged wife, Adebola over fetish acts.

Delivering judgment, President of the court, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, said he was convinced that the couple could no longer live together as the husband insisted on divorce after several court interventions.

“The court has no choice than to dissolve the marriage in spite of the fact that the wife still claims she loves her husband."


The husband, Adeolu, 56, a civil servant, had filed a suit seeking the dissolution of the union because of some fetish practices by his estranged wife, Adebola.
He said that Adebola was so fetish that she even openly advise him to also seek black powers.

“I caught my wife digging a hole in front of my house and buried many charms. She had on two occasions taken me to spiritualists for black powers..."

The petitioner said that his wife was always controlled by her mother, stressing that she only listened to what her mother asked her to do and always ignored his words.

“My wife is being controlled by her mother on how to run my house. She used to tell me that her mother is her priority that I am secondary in her life.

“Adebola was ungrateful that I established her by renting a shop and stocked it with electronics and computer gadgets. She did not open the shop till the two-year rent expired.

“My wife collects money from me by violence, takes it to her mother and also transfers food stuff I bought to her mother.

“There was a time she collected N50,000 loan to pay N75,000 on my behalf without my consent to give her mother, I paid the money I knew nothing about,” he said.

Adeolu pleaded with the court to dissolve the marriage, saying that he was tired and no longer in love. But the wife, Adebola, had claimed that she was still in love with her husband.

“The couple can no longer stay together because the marriage has broken down totally, both parties are no longer husband and wife, they are free to go their separate ways.” the court president ruled.


Source: etvghana

Share this post

No comments:

Post a Comment